Saturday, January 21, 2012

A New Year Already?!

So, New Years past a while back. I haven't posted a new entry yet. Hm.. Maybe I should feel guilty. Well, maybe I can be forgiven by posting now, just in time for Chinese New Year. Chinese New Years Eve is tomorrow and my sister and I are having a dinner party at our place. I'm making two types of cake, but three in total. I'm making two new years cakes (there are two types of new year cakes. One is steamed and sometimes then pan fried. The other is more westernized where it is baked. They are both mochi like cake, however the one that is baked is more cake like and spongy). I'm making the baked kind. You might be wondering why bake two of them? Well, from past experience, one batch is not enough. Yes, it's that good. The other cake is a super rich (sinfully delicious) chocolate and caramel cake. The reason for making this cake that is obviously not Chinese is because there is a birthday tomorrow as well AND I might make this cake for my sister's wedding reception. Yes. She has asked me, oh so unprofessional me, to make her wedding cake. I'm in the process of picking a few cake recipes and baking them to see how she likes them. So yes. Three things of cake tomorrow! That's my contribution to bringing in the Chinese new years. Haha.. CAKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment