Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3.14159!

Happy Pi(e) Day!! So, lent makes things --challenging. I would normally make a sweet pie, but unfortunately Pi(e) Day is on a weekday. What does that mean? Well, say hello to deep dish chicken pot pie!


I've made pot pie before but it has always been kinda really made up. I just remember using a wheat, bready dough for the crusts and using powdered milk for the filling. This time I tried using a pie crust recipe I've used for pumpkin pies and a black berry pie. The only difference being that I cut the butter in half. It turned out pretty good. The crust was pretty dense, not loose, but still nice and flaky! Then for the filling I used chicken broth and milk. Oh yeah, and I used flour for thickening, not sure if I did that in the past. But if I may say so myself, the pot pie turned out rather good.

No comments:

Post a Comment