Sunday, March 11, 2012

De-stress!!

Everyone has there own way of de-stressing, and I deprived myself from it this past week! Stupid? Yes. Very stupid. But I didn't think it was at the time. So yes, I had a very stressful week and I deprived myself from my de-stressor. What is my de-stressor, you might ask? BAKING.

Now, because of all this, I about exploded in baking mode yesterday! I wanted to bake everything! Haha Maybe I'm exaggerating, just kind of. Well, I at least baked to my hearts content. First, in getting into the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, I baked this sweet deLIGHT called Sweet Irish Bread. It's a light quick bread that tastes so much like the wonderful pound cake Costco makes! --just no where near as greasy. I wonder, if I just switch out the flour for cake flour, would that do the trick? Man, this bread is my new love --what am I saying, I've got a lot of loves.... This bread tastes like something that would just melt in your mouth! It is SO GOOD!!


After baking that, I didn't feel quite like I was done baking. Do you know that feeling? Well, I think I know that feeling a bit too well. So, I decided, since it was the weekend, I was going to bake cookies. I had been wanting plain ol' chocolate chip cookies all week!! So I made a batch of my chocolate chip cookies and as always, they hit the spot. If I could, I probably would eat the whole batch of those cookies in one day! Easy peasy! And that's kinda saying something cause one batch makes like 4 dozen or so (okok, so they're like, 2 bites small, but still!).


I was experimenting and stuffed a few cookies with this sea salt caramel chocolate and Holland Mint. It's the only way I can try new candy, if it's in something.



Today, I came home to a lovely surprise. A friend had dropped off a bowl of cookies! I guess this lovely weather we are having is causing everyone to think.. cookie. Well, I won't complain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment