Friday, March 2, 2012

Butternut squash!

Yesterday I had some fun with my butternut squash. I made some butternut squash raviolis! It was a great combination of spices and cream that made the ravioli filling so delightful! Especially because of the chill in the weather we have been having. And what better way to have raviolis than with some oven baked bacon wrapped asparagus! Yum!! I don't understand how some people don't enjoy the wonders of asparagus. So good!


I had some left over butternut squash puree I had made from yesterday. Hm... that wasn't so hard for me to decide on what to do with it :) I made some more of that wonderful ravioli filling. When I made the raviolis yesterday, I realized that they were kinda big. If only I had halved the wrapper and then wrapped them. Well, it was a little too late this time too because I didn'trealize that until after I wrapped them all. Because they are fragile to handle because they are so big, I decided to cook them like potstickers. So that's what I did with them this time.


I have this thing that I've been working on for the past while, unofficially. I try to use up things that have been open/used/or just taking up space that could be used up. Yes. So today, I made a 5 layer dip: mashed black beans, avocado, "salsa"- tomato, yellow onion, lemon juice, lemon pepper, dried basil, and a tad of Mexican hot sauce, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment