Saturday, February 18, 2012

Good bye pumpkin season. Oh how I will miss you

Baking the last bit of my pumpkin today! No more till the season comes around again. Today I made the pumpkin yeast bread and the pumpkin walnut biscotti.

The pumpkin yeast bread was super wet! I don't know if I did something wrong or what. The only thing I can think of that I did was sketch in making the dough was the flour. I don't have any bread flour and it asked for 3 cups of it and 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat (which I had). I have this bag of flour that just says it's artisan baking flour. So I used a cup and a half of that and used regular unbleached wheat flour for the rest, just to play it safe. Well, somehow I made the bread anyhow. It turned out looking decent (I pictured the results looking much worse!). When the bread came out of the oven, it had such a nice crispy crust with fluffy soft insides. I'm so excited to try this "pumpkin"!


The pumpkin biscotti was smooth going in making it. Thank goodness it didn't give me any problems. Every time I make biscotti, it never seems to be like the ones you buy from Costco. Do you know the ones I'm talking about? The ones with almonds and are chocolate dipped? Well, either I haven't had them in so long or I'm just making things up -- or both. But I feel that those biscotti are more dense and cookie like than mine. I think mine have this toasted bread texture/density. Hmm.. who knows. At least it was smooth sailing in the makings of them pumpkin biscotti!

No comments:

Post a Comment