Sunday, February 12, 2012

It's snowing-

The weather is telling me to bake!! How sweet. It knows of my dilemma I've been having! I've been wanting to bake a few things on my list really bad, but have found myself thinking it not such a good idea. There is too much food in the house! But you know what? I'm going to bake anyway.


So here I find myself on this snowy Sunday, baking two things. One is an orange pull-apart bread that I'm debating if I should make into a monkey bread. The other is this pumpkin garlic knot that I'm debating on if I should make them into pretzels. Too many ideas! Too many options! Hopefully someone will give me their opinion. In the mean time, both of the dough are made and rising.
...
In the end, I decided on just sticking with the recipes on these two. So I made them exactly how they were shown. All except for the orange pull-apart glaze. I used the orange's juice to make the glaze which made it more fragrant with the candy sweet California oranges that I had. Mmm they were so good! The pull-apart was perfectly crisp on the top and soft and chewy on the inside. As for the pumpkin garlic knots, they were so soft and with just the right amount of seasoning to make every bite a savory sensation! What a great way to spend a snowy Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment