Monday, February 20, 2012

Presidents Day

For breakfast I've been trying new things. Just the other day, I had made this super dense pancake with the last few tablespoons of pumpkin puree I had. I slathered some almond butter and sliced a banana between the two pancakes. Yum! As for today, I made some quinoa and topped it with some soy milk, dollop of almond butter, and this caramelized banana and walnut compote.


I've found this recipe a while back that would help me get rid of some ingredients that are taking up space. Ok, two recipes. So yesterday I made one of them. It was this vegan and gluten free cookie. It helped me use up this ground almond meal that I had made and left in the fridge! Yay!


Then today I made this blueberry coconut macadamia nut muffin. I substituted the blueberries with the leftover pineapple chunks I had in the fridge and used the chocolate covered macadamia nuts that I had in the cupboards. It's such a wonderful feeling to use up the little bits of things lying around that are taking up space! And it smells wonderful too!

No comments:

Post a Comment